- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, shredded or grated
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder (unless low fodmap)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Set a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, , celery, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 5-6 minutes to soften. Then add the raw chicken breasts, broth, carrots, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, turmeric and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20+ minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Then remove the chicken with tongs and set them on a cutting board to cool.
- Add parsley to the pot. Continue to simmer while shredding the chicken breasts with two forks, and stir it back into the soup. Salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.