- 1 packet fast-acting yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (+ more for seasoning crust)
- 2 tablespoons maple, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt (+ more for crust)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (more if preferred)
- Vegan mozzarella cheese
- Dried thyme (or any other toppings)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Stir yeast and 1/2 tablespoon maple into warmed water until dissolved. Let it sit for 7-10 minutes, until foamy.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, garlic powder, salt and remaining maple. Whisk to combine. Add the activated yeast to the bowl along with the olive oil. Mix until all ingredients are well combined and form a dough. If dough is too sticky, add a couple tablespoons of flour.
- Form the dough into a ball and place back in the bowl (*lightly dust bowl with flour before placing the dough ball in). Completely cover the bowl with a damp napkin or hand towel for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Cut the dough in half using a wet knife. This recipe makes two 10-inch pizzas.
- Spread pizza dough with hands or use jar as rolling pin. 😉
- To season your crust, lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and Italian herbs.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza and top with the mozzarella.
- Slide pizza on parchment paper into the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. The pizza cooks fast so keep an eye on it.
- Cut with scissors.